Job20 Sep 2023
Hybrid VTOL Pilots (Drone)
Qualification: Bachelor's or master’s degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical/Other applicable engineering field. Experience: 1-2 years of relevant flying experience in VTOL fixed-wing and multirotor drones, both in manual and fully autonomous modesDesired Skills and Characteristics:
- Conduct pre-flight checks on drones before each flight to ensure safe and proper operation.
- Perform VTOL fixed-wing and multirotor test flights as the lead pilot for both BVLOS and VLOS flight operations.
- Perform manual as well as fully autonomous missions using a flight mission planner.
- Perform flight test activities including conducting pre-flight area scouting, flight mission planning, flight briefings, and flight test safety reviews.
- Provide feedback to the software team by testing UI interfaces and running simulations in various real-life conditions.
- Making incident reports and post-flight feedback reports to respective teams.
- Analyse weather forecasts to ensure safe flights.
- Monitor drones during flight.
- Gather information or produce aerial photographs, if needed.
- Perform equipment testing, troubleshooting and maintenance
Current Posting Location: Karnataka
- Good understanding of GCS systems and drone mission planning.
- Knowledge regarding cameras, gimbals, and photogrammetry would be an added advantage.
- Understanding of avionics systems to follow manuals/training content compensation.
- A strong interest in tackling and solving complex problems.
- Ability to plan and organize tasks and deliver results on time.
- Good Communication as well as written skills.